EDIT 01.28.15: Added another entry; remember -- the deadline is February 13th!
I've been wanting to test the waters for a while now with something. Some folks I know have done it over the years, so I thought I could give it a decent shot. So, what's this journal about? Simple.Art contest~
Yes, I've inquired many people on whether or not I should hold an art contest. I've also debated about the theme for quite some time, but I think I've thought of a little something for it. Since we're in the colder months now, I figured a good thing for people to have is a piping hot cup of tea to help them through the blithering cold!
...I think you can see where this is going.
So without further adieu, let the information flow! Objective:
The goal of the art contest is to draw an image (whether it's a single picture, comic, or whatever you want to come up with) incorporating one or more different types of officially-recognized Gent Brand Teas being drank by someone. You can find out more about them here: Note: All entries must be recently drawn (you can't use an older piece to stand in as a submission). Prizes:
There will be two first-place prizes. This means that when all the entries are accounted for, two
people will be picked to be winners. And for these two winners, they each get a fully-colored and shaded drawing. Tips:
1. While the piece should definitely focus on the effects of whichever tea is being applied to an individual, it's also important that said individual reacts however they would react to such a situation. Reactions/Expressions can make or break a piece, and as such, greater expressions will definitely win more points.
2. If possible, aim for variety. That's why there's multiple teas to choose from -- I don't want people to feel like that "BE/GTS" are the only options for this.
3. With that said, I would like to solemnly say that a combination of cute/sexy stuff ranks really high for me (you can still do something a little mature if you so desire, but I'd ask that you would avoid straight up naughties/porn).
4. With the reaction portion covered, it could also be use to include more than one character to said piece so that you'll have a drinker (someone who is receiving the effects of the tea) and an on-looker to react. Again, that's optional though.
5. Just have fun with it~ Deadline: The new deadline will be February 13th.
And that should be it for now. If anymore details are needed, feel free to leave a comment below and I will include it within the journal. Thank you all very, very much for taking the time to read this.